Sunday, December 2, 2007

Is this the other shoe?

With my mother’s Namesake back in New York, and no excuse any longer to pamper a houseguest, I turned the thermostat down and was freezing this morning when my clock went off at 4:45 a.m. I handled it in my usual way, by falling back asleep. What the heck, this is my birthday weekend and lately the best celebration of all is a little rest.

Heard from the younger Namesake, she is in a New York emergency room with an abscess on her foot. She said she knew a few days earlier that it hurt but she thought she had bruised it by kicking my table . . accidentally, I hope, although it is a moot point, since there is clearly something more going on.

1 comment:

Snowbird said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoy your time in Sanibel. You won't have to turn the thermostat down here--or up--or anything. Just enjoy the gorgeous weather and temps.