Saturday, September 20, 2008

And for my next act . . .


A coworker gave me a tomatillo plant last spring and I should be able to harvest my little crop by next month. What a fun plant to grow -- the husks form like puffy little chinese lanterns and only later fill in with fruit. I've actually never eaten a tomatillo but I have to like something this cute. Maria says I can roast them, with olive oil and herbs, just like I do tomatos, and freeze them. Then I can toss them into sauces or soups this winter. I hate winter, am so tired of cold and wet (before it's even started!), but I sure do love winter food!

4 comments:

Snowbird said...

I've never even heard of a tomatillo. Sounds like it will be tasty this winter though.

Tink *~*~* said...

I see them in the supermarket all the time, but I admit I have never had one, either.

Perhaps you should give us all a heads-up when you are intending to ingest one. We can all run out to the market and get some too, and have them for dinner or lunch with you. Then we all come back here and record our reactions.

Oooo, we could blog it in video! If they taste really disgusting, it could end up being a grand comedy! :D LOL!

Tink *~*~*

The Farmer Files said...

Ohhh yes, for salsa verde...green salsa!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,