Monday, December 15, 2008

No Vacancy



Another beautiful low tide, spent a couple of hours on Algiers Beach. The tide was way out but the air was not as fresh as yesterday, the result, I suspect, of the many bivalves that died there yesterday. But there were plenty still alive and the birds were happy happy.

For me, the good news was that I found 2 beautiful cone shells. The bad news was that both of them were occupied by hermit crabs. I recognized that it might be possible to force them out of their homes to rob them, which would undoubtedly have the side effect of killing them, but karma can be so touchy sometimes. I put them out in deeper water, and hope they stay there so that I can find them some other day - empty!

6 comments:

Snowbird said...

It's bad enough when they are inhabited by their original owners but when renters move in, you really want to kick them out, don't you? Beautiful cone. I found a 4 inch Horse Conch today WAY up on the beach but the occupant was still moving ever so slightly so I put him out in the water too. I'm sure he won't make it and he'll be someone else's find but at least I did my part. As you say--Karma. My friend has the best attitude toward shelling. She says, "If you are meant to find it, you will."

ღ Alice ღ said...

Thats really sweet,some people would have let him die to take his home. Karma is real & I truly believe one day you will find something perfect for you because of what you did :)

gail said...

But Snowbird, We DID find it. So we WERE meant to have it. Right? Right?

Alice, I've done my share of selfless things, but had more than my share of crummy things -- if there are past lives, I was obviously quite a stinker. LOL. But I like the way you think, and if something perfect is coming my way, I hope it hurries!!

ღ Alice ღ said...

I think it all works out in the end,there were a few things these past few years that I just don't understand why but recently I got it all. Not to say there are a few more things still I just dont get but one day I will understand,I hope so at least :)

The Farmer Files said...

I checked out all of your shelling pictures....so beautiful! I did not realize you were on Sanibel since I have been away from my computer!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,