Friday, December 12, 2008

Sanibel - what a great morning!





I shelled on two beaches during low tide this morning and brought back 2 full bags of shells -- at the Lighthouse beach, I stopped to take a photo of an old, pitted horse conch, and realized that a small octopus was clinging on for dear life! Check him out, on the left side of the shell picture above. The conch shell itself is well camouflaged against the shell back ground, and the octopus blends into that. I waded the conch back out into the water - he was pretty active when I found him, and hopefully will survive the trauma.

I also got the chance to finally meet and spend some time with Tootie, and that was a real treat, even though she is a much better sheller than I am. She took me to the exclusive, residents only access 7 - the wave-action photo was taken there. There I found a baby's ear! That's a shell I've seen photos of but would never have recognized without Tootie's expertise. And at least a bizillion jingle shells, I might be able to fill a whole container with them!

I know I brought back fabulous shells from both beaches, although I don't really know what-all I've got yet. I am planning to sort through them before morning, though, so I can justify going back to the beach!

5 comments:

Snowbird said...

Sounds like you got quite a haul. I'm glad that you finally got to meet Tootie.

gail said...

Me, too! She is a real sweetie - is it the island air that makes you both so nice, or do nice people just move here?

ChrisC and JonJ said...

How neat you found that baby octupus and saved him!Neat,too,you got to meet Tootie,and get 2 bags full.

Tootie said...

Getting to see that octupus is awesome. I've never seen one. You certainly have a better eye for Baby's Ears than I do, since I haven't found one of those. I had a great time shelling with you. Hope we get to do it again before you go.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,