Monday, January 12, 2009

We have a Winner!



Yes, Snowbird (and Jennifer!), my sister and I had brunch at the famous Court of Two Sisters in New Orleans. My sister announced to everyone who spoke to us that we were eating at the Court of Two Sisters because we were two sisters. As is typical of the two of us, my sister ate only the roast turkey, roast beef, and mashed potatoes. I had sworn I would try the boiled crawfish but there were none - the cab driver who brought us from the airport said they are not always in season. So I tried the shrimp (do all gulf shrimp have such thin shells and are they always served with all their little legs still on? -- but the remoulade served with them was fabulous), the sweet potato and andouille sausage, the crawfish louise, the crawfish and spinach pasta, and the duck a la' orange. As is also typical, my sister and I both had bananas foster and ice cream with praline caramel sauce, but only I tried the whiskey bread pudding.

I really had a good time. My sister and my daughter bring out the silliness in one another, and we did some very silly things as a result. But it was a lot of fun. There is no place quite like New Orleans, and that is just as true after the storm as it was before.

So congratulations Snowbird, you are my winner! If you will email me your box number, I'll send out your tacky New Orleans souvenir!

8 comments:

Snowbird said...

Whoo hoo! I won, I won. LOL. Can't wait to get my tacky souvenir. I love tacky souvenirs!! I'm sure it's not as tacky as you make it out to be. I'm glad that you had a great time with sis and daughter.

Tootie said...

Gail I'm glad you had a nice vacation with family. I would have certainly tried that Whiskey Bread Pudding with you, it sounds great! :-) Did you get the recipe?

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

How fun, Gail! I have never been to New Orleans so had absolutely no clue where you would have eaten. I must say that I did figure out that it was New Orleans, though!! Glad you had such a nice trip!!

Tink *~*~* said...

Looks like a great time - two sisters at the Two sisters! :D

Tink *~*~*

ChrisC and JonJ said...

Crap!I miss out on everything!Next time.....

Kimber said...

Hi gail,I have almost finished my new blogger account,yet I need your email addy to invite you,if you can email me at aliceandherwhiterabbit@yahoo.com so I can invite you :)

gpc said...

Trust me Snowbird, I DO know tacky, I am one of its queens! I didn't even think of getting the recipe, Tootie, drat! Little Black Scrap Cat I would have accepted pretty much any answer that mentioned 2 sisters, but no one wanted to guess, I guess! Hi Tink and Chris, it was a lot of fun, and I will try to do another tacky souvenir contest if I ever go out of town again. And Kimber, where's your usual avatar??!

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,