Monday, March 2, 2009



A rare night to myself, and it is bitter cold outside. And I have things on my mind that call for comfort food. You know what that means -- turn on the oven! Tonight I baked a loaf of sandwich bread and some skillet cornbread. I am not a total kitchen lunatic -- I cook in one-person batches - just enough for me and lunch the next day - but baking is hard to do on a small scale. It's nuts to bake so much since I live alone, but I have plenty of people who kindly accept my care packages.

I wanted to complain about how cold it is here, and how I am suffering from this long winter, but then I read Cathy's post at Keeping it Real at 66 Degrees North Latitude -- check out their latest blizzard, and feel free to tell me to stop whining. If I ever woke up to snow deep enough to cover the windows of my house, I would not be a happy camper.

7 comments:

Snowbird said...

Oh, yummy!! That cornbread looks so good. Warm with butter and honey. Nothing better.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

You can come back for my family!! I promise I'll cook the meals, if you bake the yummies to go with them!! (Plus, we are cracking the 90's already and that's just too hot!!)

ChrisC and JonJ said...

That bread (both of 'em) look so good!BEt your place smells great too.

ღ Alice ღ said...

I bet it smells great too:) Now Im hungry.. :)

Tootie said...

Mmm Mmm, your baked things look so good! I've been craving some cornbread and white gravey. The Country Girl in me! :-)

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Hi Gail. I tagged you on my blog today. Stop by and check it out.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,