Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sealing the Deal?

After being reminded in a friend's blog about the tradition of burying St. Joseph (upside down and facing the street) when one is trying to sell a home, I finally - over a year into my real estate attempt - bought a St. Joe statute and planted him. The next day, a rather sincere and even excessive offering had been deposited right on top of the burial spot by some local animal, perhaps a cat that was impressed by the newly softened earth. (I buried St. Joseph by my beautiful pink Peony plant, but the animal offering was not Peeony inspired.)

(Photo withheld for your viewing comfort.)

I am not sure what kind of omen this is, but am hoping that the good saint is now grateful to me for his upside down posture (think about it, Joe, it could have been worse!) and will act quickly on my behalf.

6 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

um, in New York we have a phrase that means "got lucky". The phrase is, "stepped in s**t". So I think you should put on a pair of shoes you hate and were going to throw away anyhow, and just go do it. Can't hurt!

Tink *~*~*

gpc said...

Gee, thanks for the advice, Tink -- no wonder everyone wants to live in new york!

Snowbird said...

LOL. Our St. Joe gets planted next week. I'm hoping that some neighborhood creature doesn't decide to do the same thing to my St. Joe! Good luck on selling your place.

ChrisC and JonJ said...

Ummmm---don't quite know what to say.
Poor St.Joe.But you might remind him that $hitt is warm and cozy....

Anonymous said...

Karma

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,