Sunday, August 30, 2009

Indulging myself


I (accidentally) bought myself the most fabulous present last month (I always seem to know what I'd like!) - a Flip Ultra video camera. I bought my kids the Flip Mino last year, and they say they like it, but I guess I was swayed by the yellow and white outer shell that was only available on the Ultra

These are cool little cameras. They fit in your pocket, they cost less than $200, and they are absolutely point-and-shoot. When I'm done, I plug it - with its own little automatic "flip" plug - into my Mac and the video downloads automatically. No software to install, it just happens like magic. The one advantage to the Mino is that it has a rechargeable battery that automatically recharges while it's plugged into the computer. The Ultra uses AA batteries, but the rechargeable battery pack is available as an add-on. Because the Ultra is so small (just slightly bigger than the very petite Mino), I can take it with me everywhere. I'm taking little clips of the grandkids and they've turned out pretty well, which is amazing when you consider how fast they move!

I bought the Ultra from a home shopping network, where they encouraged me to try it for 30 days with the option of returning it. I intended to do exactly that, just to see what it was like. Time slipped away, emergency trips interfered, and 30 days came and went. Now I'm glad I didn't send it back -- after all, I have certain duties as a Grandma! The kids are growing up, and so many little accomplishments are waiting to be captured as videos. And all the cool things on Sanibel that I can show them. I must try to remember what a good idea this was when my Mastercard bill comes in the mail!

2 comments:

Tootie said...

A mental note to myself....I really need to pull my head out of this sand and go visit my friends more often! If I had been here to read the last couple of your posts, I would have known you made a dash to and from Sanibel. Maybe, just maybe we could have met for 5 minutes for a cold drink. I'm so sorry I missed that and also hate it that you had to come and go so quickly. I hope when you get situated in your new home, you'll be able to get back down here for at least a short visit to recouperate. Hang in there, and have a ball taking video of the grandkids. I'm anxious to see some of them. :-) Now you need a YouTube account.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,