Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Allez!

I thought I would take some time to be fully and lazily unemployed, but, as it turns out, I'm so busy that it's just a darn good thing I don't have a job.

Dr. Cranky wants to look into selling his place at Periwinkle Park. He doesn't really want to let it go, but with his failed health, he can't go down alone and it isn't worth keeping for the few days a year that he has someone to accompany him. I am going to Sanibel late this week as his driver, and return to Michigan three days later, so it will be a quick (therefore hard) trip, mostly filled with the things he needs to do. But I will be so glad to see the island, you just can't imagine.

My daughter wasn't able to get to some very important appointments this month, but her wonderful caseworker has scheduled yet another 'last chance.' I am flying down the day after I get back from Florida, and will stay there until the 2 appointments are over. Whether we get to them or not is an open question, but at least (maybe) I will feel that I've done all I could.

THEN, the day after I get back, I close on my new house in Saginaw. I will then be (1) unemployed, (2) poor as a church mouse, and (3) the owner of 2 houses, each of which needs a roof.

A couple of former coworkers have sent me emails, wondering how I fill my time and if I am bored. I tell them them that, so far, I'm finding enough to do.

4 comments:

Snowbird said...

Well darn, I wish I was going to be on Sanibel when you are there but it sounds like you won't have time to do anything anyway.

Deb said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile, mainly because of your ties to Sanibel, which I love. I have never responded but wanted you to know that I am sorry for your loss of the job. When one door closes another opens.Hang in there. I see that you are buying a new house close to Flint. I have relatives that live in Mt Morris and Flint. It will be nice for you to live close to your family.
Also, just curious, who is Dr. Cranky? Would it be possible for him to move to Sanibel full time?
Living in paradise would be good for his health.

gpc said...

Hi Deb, welcome. Dr. Cranky is a very difficult, very smart, very educated friend of mine. He's a retired academic and goes ballistic if people call him "Mr." In recent years, because of health problems, he has lost most of his vision and a lot of his energy. He is temperamental and often outrageous, and I am regularly called upon to drive or accompany him places. Yes, he could live in Sanibel, except that it would require life changes he is not willing to make. He can't drive or walk too far, and doesn't know anyone there, so he hates the idea of going there alone. He is a hoarder, so he also refuses to downsize or get rid of his house-full of paper and books he can no longer see. He has his good qualities and can be interesting in small doses, but he drives me crazy, so I unkindly refer to him as Dr. Cranky. He is terrified of my moving too far away to check in on him as often as I do, and I feel guilty about it. So in some ways, losing my job was a good thing, because it isn't my 'fault' that my life is changing.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,