Sunday, August 9, 2009

Days flying by

1. Got estimates on a new roof. When I put my house up for sale last year, I was told by a roofing company that the roof was fine. Since then, it has developed an algae bloom, which I've learned is a new (climate change?) problem in my area. So I need a new roof and want to get it fixed before I sell the house. Who wants to buy a pre-existing problem, after all.

2. Put together the shop- vac I bought some time ago Putting things together is an irritation and challenge for me, but there is satisfaction in having it done. Only a few days later, finally, vacuumed the spiders from the basement, its intended use. (of course now I never want to touch it again. ick.)

3. Wrote to HR at my former job with questions about nuts and bolts - how do I cancel my long term disability policy? I need to pay my FSA medical account spending contributions in full, who handles that? How can you work for such idiots? Those sorts of things. It came back 'undeliverable.'

4. Worked on COBRA application. Thank goodness for O'Bama. It is expensive, but would have cost 3 times more under the old plan.

5. Did more paperwork on the unemployment stuff. It is almost a full-time job in itself.

6. Unburied St. Joseph, reminded him how pretty it is out here, stuck him back in the ground.

7. Wrote righteous letters to several people at former work place. Edited them until they were perfect. Deleted them.

8. Got 2 showings but no offer on my Detroit house.

9. Decided to buy the house by the grandchildren anyway.

10. Life is good.

6 comments:

Snowbird said...

Good for you for buying the new house. I got a real chuckle out of #6. Hopefully St. Joe will take kindly to the reminder and do his job!

The Farmer Files said...

Hooray for buying the house anyway! What guts! I love it! And funny that you had a face to face with St. Joseph. Ha ha.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Surely you'll get a better response from St Joseph than you did the HR office!!! Where is your new destination near the grandkids?

Anonymous said...

It is never a good idea to threaten a Saint....

gpc said...

You're right, Anon. It is really never a good idea to threaten anyone.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,