Friday, September 18, 2009

Comedy of errors -- remind me to laugh!

To recap the previous episode fro "Gail's 2009 adventures," I committed to buy house #2 before house #1 sold, house #1 has STILL not sold, I found out that house #1 needed a new roof, I found out that house #2 needed a new roof, I had numerous sad... and frightening family experiences with a close relative in intensive care for weeks, the son of someone dear to me went to prison for smuggling cocaine in his belly (after major surgery to get it out), I lost my job, I lost st. joseph (no, he's still not back).

Yesterday I found out that I AM BEING AUDITED BY THE IRS -- apparently for things they think belong to me, but were actually part of my mother's estate. (I promise, I have never, ever lied on my taxes! Now I just have to prove it.)

Think that's all? But no!!! Today, as I get ready to leave town for a week, my son called to say that he found A FORECLOSURE NOTICE on the front door of my newly purchased house (house #2). I am definitely not in foreclosure, so this is clearly another cosmic joke. Ha. Ha.

In our next episode: will that heart-pounding-choking-fainting-feeling go away if I ply it with alcohol? If I hide under the bed? If I close my eyes? Stay tuned. Watch Gail laugh. Watch Gail laugh until she cries.

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

OMG!! Life has thrown you a lot of lemons!! And yet you seem to be maintaining with some degree of humor... I commend you on that! My thoughts are with you (and the missing Saint!!). I think my mantra would have to be "this, too, shall pass"..... eventually!!! Here's a *hug* for you!!! I hope it all passes quickly!!

Snowbird said...

I wish I could wave my magic wand and make it all go away but alas my wand got lost in the move. I do wonder, though, how you maintain your sense of humor. You amaze me. They say (whoever they is) that you are never dealt more than you can handle. Obviously they (whoever they is) thinks you can hand a heck of a lot!! I'm thinking it's about time they (whoever they is) backs off and gives you a little vacation--like on Sanibel. You've got a bed if you want one.

Anonymous said...

Once again...
Karma

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,