Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The tipping point

House Number 1 might be/is probably sold! An appraiser is coming tomorrow to make the official judgment as to whether the house is worth the embarrassingly low price the buyers offered to pay. Then, of course, the buyers need to prove that they are as credit-worthy now as they were when they made the offer. (The proposed buyers are NOT the people who declared their intention to buy, but another young couple who viewed the house on the very same day.) Maybe I should start to pack?

I have a lot of things going on. Daughter/tax collector/broken door/rotten roofs, all still lurking. All of them would improve somewhat if I could throw money at them, but being unemployed doesn't pay very well. I need to schedule some time to panic -- as a responsible adult, I feel duty bound to worry about my lack of job, my ever-growing pile of bills, and the huge mess that is forming- and that I will have to clean up! - in both old house and new. But I just can't seem to find the energy to get upset about it all.

Maybe tomorrow.