Thursday, December 31, 2009

A new year



I found this odd looking citron at the grocery store, and learned that it is called Buddha's Hand. It has a lemony odor and it is supposed to be lucky to have one in your home around the new year. I used it to make marmalade, so that the good fortune could be shared. It's funny, I don't like jellies and I especially don't like marmalade, but I am addicted to this -- I scraped out the foam from the pan to use on toast. If eating Buddha's Hand jam brings good fortune, 2010 should be a very good year.

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I've never seen Buddha's Hand before. I'll have to keep my eyes opened and see if its around at AJ's. Enjoy your good fortune in the new year!!

Alaska-womom said...

That is erry cool--we are lucky to get good oranges around here!
Happy New Year!
J.

Chatty Cat's said...

That is hilarious! It looks like it's indicating something not so nice to you! I have never seen citron, apparently! Thanks for the laugh. Oh...and lemon marmalade is my favorite if you want to send a care package to butt chappin' upstate New York! lol.

Cat
Chatty Cat's
chattycats@rochester.rr.com
http://wwwchattycats.blogspot.com