Wednesday, December 9, 2009

White stuff


Things were covered with the white stuff here this morning. It was just like being in the north. I could barely see after I'd been out a while - my glasses were covered with a thin film of salt from the warm mist. It was hard for me to find my way home, because the details of the landscape were obliterated by the weather. Yeah, we suffer here, too.

And no snow days for the people here -- they were working hard. I passed one woman who was shelling with tweezers, and she was still stooped in the same spot when I passed again, an hour and a half later, carefully picking up tiny shells.

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

That's some fog!! Sure beats snow!!

We met two women shelling with tweezers while we were there. They were finding a lot of tiny wentletraps, but there seemed to be a ton of really tiny shells this year. We brought back a bunch in Oct.