Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crazy about the cold


My treasured (and copywrited) bumpersticker, "Sanibel is my sanity!", was the brainchild of Cheryl, one of my cyber-friends.   You can see that I wasn't fully sane when I put it on, I did it on a windy day and it went on all crooked!   I bought my bumpersticker years ago - maybe 6 years ago? - and people have pulled alongside at  red lights and rolled down their window to talk about the island.    It's brought me many a smile through many a winter -- and, through the wonders of internet friendships, I finally met Cheryl IN PERSON last year!   She is the one to contact if you want one, but be sure she saves another one for me!

I see my bumpersticker every time I clean the snow off my car -- which has been way too often, lately -- and it reminds me that I can hold on until my next trip to paradise, no matter how far away it is.

1 comment:

The Farmer Files said...

I was wondering what your sticker said. Little things like that make me smile, too.