Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feeling poorly


I feel yucky.    I fell flat on my face a couple of days ago for no apparent reason (I think I tripped on one of the many bags I was carrying) so I wasn't surprised to wake up the next morning, bruised and achy all over.    But I WAS surprised when I also quickly developed a very, very (very) sore throat, a fever, and the general awfuls.   Getting sick was NOT on my to-do list for this week!    I usually have a high resistance to illness (I am woman, hear me roar); it's my theory that when I foolishly fell, my body was so annoyed at me that it threw in the towel.   I can hear my immune system now, whining to my brain, 'why should I work my fingers to the bone keeping you healthy, if you can't even bother to stay upright!    I quit!'    As soon as I feel a little better, I'm buying myself flowers and chocolates.    I can only hope that I accept my apology!

10 comments:

Snowbird said...

It's the pits being sick, isn't it? And all that after a nasty fall. Ouch! Maybe you are right about your body. Maybe it decided it was time for a rest even if it wasn't a planned one. Too bad you couldn't be here soaking up some nice healing sunshine! As for the chocolates and flowers--better now than later. Call up your son and have him deliver some--NOW!!

gpc said...

LOL, Sno -- I should send THEM flowers and candy! I remember how hard it is to work and have young children, and they are so much better at it than I am. I'm nearly better now, instead of flowers and candy, I bought myself some ice cream (shhh, don't tell anyone! Bob and Jillian will haunt my dreams if it gets out!) But you're right, sunshine would be a lot better.

Tess said...

hope you feel better soon

ღ Alice ღ ™ said...

I hope you feel better soon :) Rest all you can & take care of yourself too :)

Stephanie said...

oh this yuck is going around...hope you feel better soon.

thank you for your visit!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

You're right. Your body is rebelling. I'm sure the ice cream helped, but don't forget those flowers and chocolates. I'm certain you will accept your apologies! Feel better soon!

Gammie said...

Feel better soon. I don't know how you arrived at my blog, but I am glad you did.


Jeanne

Fran said...

Take care of yourself and feel better. Thanks for visiting my blog!

Jo said...

Aww, do hope you are feeling better very soon, and that someone is already spoiling you with flowers and chocolates. So this is sent with big hugs for a speedy recovery.
Thank you for visiting my blog today and for entering my give-away. xxx

Jo said...

Oops its me again... just been exploring your blog further! Gosh can fully empathise with how things are for you right now, with so many changes and adaptations taking place. No wonder you feel a bit lost with things at the mo. Know the feeling oh so well though... in the process of 'reinventing' myself right now after being forced to retire from primary teaching due to problems with my throat/larynx. May you find fresh strength and courage as you move forward into the future. Wishing much joy and happiness whatever is in store! Hugs xxx