Sunday, January 10, 2010

New year, old attitude

Lately it seems like my get-up-and-go got up and went.   I am listless, so boring that I bore myself to sleep, and worst of all, could care less about it all.   I can't even imagine what would make me feel happy and energetic.    I wonder if all the changes and troubles of the past year -- from my daughter's traumatic injury to losing my job unexpectedly to selling my house and moving to a new city - are finally catching up with me.   Or maybe after a year of flight after flight and trip after trip, I just need a vacation.

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Peace to you. This too shall pass!! When it's as dang cold up there as it is - just enjoy being able to let it all go!! I'd give.... well, a lot!!! to have the opportunity to just "let it be". I do hope you find peace, and can just rest and recouperate. Maybe we should meet in Sanibel in October.... A fellow sheller to just hang with.... would work for me!

gpc said...

You're right, whatever life brings, it is impermanent and I have had practice riding its waves. October sounds like a lovely fantasy!