Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fairy Play

I spent a couple of hours with my grandchildren yesterday.   When my 5-year-old grandson came home from school, his little sister was singing, 'jump along and smile at me.'    "What are you playing?," he asked when he walked in.    She stopped for a second and answered, "Tinkerbelle, of course.   Don't you wecognize it?"    He added knights and swords to the game, and later dissolved in giggles when I told him, "good night knight."    There are many cute and funny and precious things in the world.   Why is it that nothing can fill you with joy like a grandchild?

4 comments:

Carol said...

I think grandchildren are so much fun because we don't have them 24/7and the concerns that go along with being a parent ~ Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog ~ hope you win! namaste, Carol (artmusedog)

Nana said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. Are you participating in the One Heart One World give away?

I agree, grandchildren are the greatest! I raised two boys and now I have a granddaughter. I finally got my girl!

We don't live so far apart.I'm in Toledo.

Good luck to you and I hope you visit again!

jenclair said...

Aren't grandchildren wonderful? I recently ordered the book Toad Cottages and Shooting Stars by Sharon Lovejoy (who had stopped by my book blog). It is a delightful book full of creative "grandma" ideas.

Thanks for stopping by Bayou Quilts and leaving a comment. I love making new friends!

gpc said...

Thanks, Carol, Nana and Jenclair -- it's nice to be in the Grandma Club! I checked out the Toad Cottages book, jenclair, it looks perfect for me -- thank you for the tip!