Monday, February 1, 2010

February already?

This year is already moving so quickly!   It feels like nothing is getting done (probably because I'm not working), but little bits fall into place here and there.    My guest beds were finally delivered (warning: long saga) - I ordered 2 beds from 2 different stores.    The first bed never came because the factory moved from China to the US; the second bed was destroyed when the delivery guys dropped and smashed it, so I ordered a third and a fourth bed; the third bed came with the wrong rails.   Today the 4th bed arrived AND the new rails came in for bed #3.    Yes, yes, bed #3 has a scratch on the side, but they've ordered a touch up kit and promise me it will become invisible.    I sure hope so, because I am very tired of bed hopping!   I got a serta mattress topper for the bed I already had, my sister swears by them.    Now I'm going to play Goldilocks and sleep in each of them until I decide which one is Just Right!

5 comments:

Landon Clary Eason said...

Hi, GPC,
How are you doing? How is your bed hoping coming along? Astonishing how things can get so screwed up, isn't it? Baffles me.
So, you had a narcissiistic mother too? wow, my heart goes out to you. Where are you in the lineup? I am the youngest.
How are your job prospects coming along?
Talk to you later.....
I hope all is well with you!
Did you enter my giveaway? I can't remember, there have been so Many, almost a hundred!!!!

Sares said...

It sounds like you've had quite the bed saga! I do hope it works out without too much more drama. Thank you for visiting me at Loveleigh Treasures today, I've got you down for the giveaway. Good luck and it was a pleasure to meet you!

papergail said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog (885), good luck with the beds

vintageval said...

Gail,
What a pain in the kazoo about the beds! Hopefully all is well now. Sounds as if you have been going through some difficult times lately. Hang in there. We are struggling ourselves financially so I have some idea of what your are going through. We both gave to keep ours chins up and keep on moving forward!

Thanks for visiting me on Pink Saturday. I will be checking in on you to see how you are coming along. Thanks for the tip about J.Peterman and bay rum.

gpc said...

Thank you bloggers for so many comments and ideas! I will enjoy visiting my new virtual friends!