Thursday, February 25, 2010

Little bits of paradise

Pier 1 has a 'collection lamp' on sale this week and I couldn't resist -- I have shells all over the place, but I really love the way they look in lamps.    I had enough seashells to fill one, and still have quite a few shells left over but not quite enough to fill a second one (at least, not unless I empty every other shell display in the house) -- Can't do that, so obviously I'm going to need to plan another trip to Sanibel so that I can have a seashell lamp in every room!

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Great idea!! I seriously think you need to plan that next trip so you can fill another lamp, or two!! I'm counting days to my return to Sanibel in October, but several other trips will be planned in between!

Snowbird said...

I love the shape of your lamp. Most of them are the standard round commonplace things--like mine. And yes, you do need to plan another trip down here soon.

verybadcat said...

i have a cooler full of shells harvested a year ago and never cleaned. are they salvageable? suggestions? don't ask how, long story. ;)

ღ Alice ღ ™ said...

I love it,it came out great!!! I wonder if our Pier 1 has the lamp down here,you did a great job.