Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another prize!

Today's mail brought me another prize from the "One Heart" bloggers' contest, an autographed copy of the blogger's new "Christian romance" novel, "The Price of Trust," by Amanda Stephan.   I am always happy to get a new book, and I'll be a good audience even though -- full disclosure here, go ahead and throw your rocks --  in spite of my master's degree in pastoral ministry and many years of church-related bereavement, liturgy and other volunteer work,  I am not a religious person.   I think I have an open mind, I like to think I am a seeker,  but the answers that seem to satisfy many others don't seem to satisfy me.     Still, I love romance as much as the next gal, and I love to read, so I am excited to win it!

addendum:  I am a couple of chapters into the book and the lead character reminds me a bit of myself at that age, very trusting, filled with faith, trying hard to do God's will in her life.   This will be lovely book for anyone who is in 'that place.'