Sunday, March 21, 2010

Still soup weather in Michigan

I found a nearby farm where they raise their own pastured beef, and today I made beef barley soup to try out the local flavor.   It was really good, at least until I spilled a bowl of it as I was opening the refrigerator.   Almost a whole bowl of soup slipped underneath and out of sight, with bits of barley and onions left behind in the grooves of the  refrigerator grate . . . it would have been a very good day to have a dog in the house to help me clean up the mess, and maybe I would have felt better about it since the soup would have been enjoyed by someone!   Thank goodness I was able to protect the cornbread and rice krispie treats!

1 comment:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Big bummer!! But not a good reason to get a dog!! The soup looks great! When it's thick we like to call it "stoup" because it's more like stew, and not really a soup!!