Sunday, June 27, 2010

Check


One fun thing about being in a new house is that I keep discovering new things, especially in my yard.   I've found tiger lilies, and pretty blue-belled flowers I don't recognize, and forget-me-not.    I also have two, maybe three, clemantis growing up the side of my shed.   One is purple.  The other, I discovered, is this plum color.   Really pretty.   And the other day, as it got dark, I looked into the yard and saw bunnies and fireflies.    Magical.    Years ago I wrote a '50 Things to Do Before I Die' list, what they call a "Bucket List" these days.   One of the things on that list was to live in a pretty house.    I can check that one off now.

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Tho we have acclimated to the weather (to some degree) here in AZ, I truly miss the northern climate. We miss so may of the plants that we can't grow here. Your plum colored clematis are beautiful. We have bunnies, but no fireflies. Miss those too!!

giftvincy said...

Nice to read your post.

The Farmer Files said...

Precious. I am back in bloggyland.

Snowbird said...

I'm so glad you are happy in your new house. It sounds fantastic. I do miss the "northern" flowers down here.