Saturday, July 3, 2010

I got mail!

Today's mail brought another wonderful prize through a blog that I follow, Finnskimo, which is sent out into cyber-space from Kotzebue, Alaska.  The picture doesn't do it justice; it is a small beaded leather and fur keychain in the shape of a glove.   It is beautiful, and soft, and well fashioned.    Maija is unbelievably creative, her baked goods look like they came out of a Hollywood set, she is constantly doing for others, and she seems able to make absolutely anything out of absolutely nothing.   Her husband is also an artist; he is the one who made the Ulu that I use for almost everything.

I discovered Finnskimo through yet another Kotzebue blog, Keeping it Read at 66 Degrees North Latitude.   Both women, each young enough to be my daughter, amaze me frequently with their strength, independence and creativity.   

So thank you, Maija, for the beautiful keychain and, even more, for all the enjoyment I get from reading about your life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you plan on giving away something on your blog or are you just going to take from others?

gpc said...

Good point, Anon (I've read a lot of your quotations and folktales, by the way -- love them!) It's been about a year since my last giveaway, way too long. I'll have to give that some serious thought.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Now that is just stinking cute!