Friday, August 20, 2010

Denydrating with my new toy

No point in adding a photo because, I promise you, dried and wrinkly doesn't look any better on an eggplant than it does on me.   But eggplant dries BEAUTIFULLY -- time will tell if it also rehydrates into delicious vegetable curry when the time comes.  Blueberries get super tiny and chewy, but are delicious.  Green peppers chunks dry into bits that I will add later to soups and stews.  I am still working my way through the garden, so there is plenty more to try.    But the biggest success so far -- thank you Little Black Scrap Cat for suggesting it! -- is peach leather.    Peaches are delicious, but this fruit leather is AMAZING!

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

So glad you tried it!! My SIL made all kinds of it. She also did jerky. They were hunters so much of it was venison, but I prefer beef myself. I'll bet those blueberries are great.... I'd put some in my homemade (lowfat) granola.

The Farmer Files said...

This post reminded me that I have an option to dehydrate on my fancy toaster oven. I have never tried it!