Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To Me

I'm not sure I'll have a candle to blow out today, but if I find a star to wish on,  I'll wish to snorkel with the belugas,  see fairy shrimp at night, and pet a whale in baja.   I want to find sharks' teeth and another junonia seashell, and hear alligators bellow when they are mating in the spring.   I want to see part of Denali.    I want to go fly fishing with my brother, and travel with my sister.    I wouldn't mind going back to Rome.   I want my son and his wife and their children to always be happy and healthy.    I want to run around the block without gasping for breath.   I want to grin through my grandchildren's weddings,  and I'd like to be here to cry happy tears when their children are born.    I want my daughter to be safe and healthy, with shelter and food and medical care. 

P.S.   In case you wondered, I got myself the iPod touch, so that's one wish already taken care of!   Now I just have to figure out how to use it!

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Happy Birthday, Gail!!! Yahoo for the iPOD!!

sue in mexico mo said...

Happy Birthday!