Thursday, December 16, 2010

From Cold to Colder

It seemed really cold in Florida when I woke up to 31 degrees, but when I returned to a 9 degree morning at home, Florida didn't seem so cold anymore!   It is good to be home, but it was nice to be on Sanibel.

Now that I am back on my laptop, I can download a few of my photos -- unfortunately, I STILL don't know how to get the pictures from my iPod.   I might have to break down and read the manual.

Here are a few bits and pieces of my trip:




Of course I went shelling, and some days were better than others:


I found some wentletraps :



I ate:
 

I drank:


I met the Amazing Katie:

And I saw wild things eating wild things:

All in all, the cold didn't prevent it from being a very nice trip.    I'll try to post a picture of the shells I brought home as soon as I find out which of them survived the journey home!

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Nice pics. The Amazing Katie looks fun. Was she the one mixing your drinks or serving the lovely dessert? Can't wait to see the rest. You got quite a collection of wentletraps.

Arianna Belle {Organized Interiors} said...

Yikes thats cold! Beautiful pictures of the shore! Looks like you had a wonderful time :)

-Arianna

p.s. I have a little giveaway over at http://www.ariannabelle.blogspot.com

Don said...

Yet you still managed to stand in the water to get a picture of the lighthouse.

I am envious. I doubt Debbie and I make it before next May. Hopefully it will be much warmer for us.

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

I bet 31 felt balmy compared to the Chill in Michigan.... I can't wait to see the photos of the Shells you brought back ~ Stay Warm
Cheryl