Saturday, January 1, 2011

A good start to a new year

I have been to Sanibel Island many (many) times, and I have had lots (and lots) of fun there, but I have never had as much fun as I did this week.    I saw old things through new eyes, I saw things I'd never seen before,  I laughed every day and slept like a log every night.    All this, and I didn't even find any good shells!

We stayed at Beach Club II by the Lighthouse beach.
 We went to the Shell Museum and Ding Darling, we spent a lot of time at the beach, we got covered in sand and salt, we went on a sea-life encounter, and we played "Sleeping Queens."  We went to the Nascrab races where my 6-year-old grandson's crab "Pizza"  won 4th prize and my grandson won a pocket-full of cash! 
 We saw the last sunset of 2010,
 and saw magicians at the City's New Year's Eve party.
And now I am back home.   It is cold and damp, I need to take down my Christmas decorations, and there are no groceries in the house.   The temperature has dropped 30 degrees in Michigan since I returned home -- more than 50 degrees colder than what we enjoyed our last days in Florida.   But I am still enjoying the warmth of a very good time.   And looking forward to a good night's sleep -- no kidding, vacations are exhausting!

Happy New Year to all of you.   I hope your 2011 will be every bit as good as mine is starting out to be!

5 comments:

Snowbird said...

I'm so glad that you had such a good time. I just wish we could have gotten together but I'm sure you didn't want me to share my germs with you and the little ones. Happy New Year and I'm glad you made it back home ok.

RottenMom said...

Love the photo of the pocket full of cash! Sanibel and Captiva = Heaven on Earth! Bet it was wonderful to be there with your grandkids!

Happy New Year!

spindelmaker said...

Your new year´s seems just perfect! Here it´s just lots of snow and rain and then cold again, so now there is ice everywhere. It´s warm inside, we´re cuddled in the sofa and very lazingly recharging the batteries.... January is going to be a BUSY month!
:-) Happy New Year!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Laughing every day and sleeping like a log sounds like bliss to me. :) Happy Happy New Year and I wish for you only good things this year and a great and FUN job. xo

Tootie said...

Those pictures are priceless! I can see why those two Grands have you in the palm of their hand. Sooo, cute! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with them. I know it must have been the best vacation you have ever had here. :) And, I'm guessing it's one they will never forget.