Monday, February 28, 2011

Key West and parts South


Key West on a warm, sunny day. Going out on a catamaran to snorkel. Life is good. Saw fish -- who wouldda guessed? The next day was the Big, Much Anticipated turtle trip. But we awoke to the news that it had been cancelled because only 3 of us showed up. Instead we went on an open-water snorkel with a zillion new snorkelers. Why was that significant? Because it meant that i was kicked in the face and belly a zillion times. Everyone else saw not one, not two, but three sea turtles. I had the snorkel kicked out of my mouth several times, swallowed gallons of sea water, and saw only fish. And my underwater camera , used only once before in water, broke. So good thing I didn't see those turtles! Still, it was fun, if not AS fun as I had hoped. My sister and her friend Penny had the best time ever, drinking many (many) glasses of surupy rum unch and dancing on the bow with the dive masters.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Wow!! Are you trippin' through the sand again??

RottenMom said...

Sorry for the kicks and the sea water swallows. That stinks!

Happy for you to be in the Keys!
Have a great time!

scarves said...

Wish all of the network of friends have a new start .

hope you have a great 2011. Thanks for the link, sweetie!
Titanium Necklaces