Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Day

No shells to speak of but lots of coral in Mexico and bright blue jellyfish in Ft. Lauderdale. Can't figure out how to add photo so I'll do it tomorrow from home

[Here we go:   I talked to a local man and he said they are man o' war jellyfish and confirmed the fact that they can sting pretty badly.   They were everywhere, and we saw some floating in with the surf -- stopped all thoughts of wading, for sure! ]





Lots of sunshine and alcohol everywhere, though.  



'Will be glad to be home so I can save up for Sanibel!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

3 comments:

Shellbelle said...

The kicking doesn't sound fun, but at least the weather was gorgeous! I spent Sunday down in the Venice area with 80° temps and nice cool ocean breeze. Can't wait to see your pics!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Yes, I've heard the man-o-war jellies have terrible stings. Glad you had a great trip. Sorry you had to return and hop right into crisis mode. Hope it all works out. I'll be watching for more pics. Hope your SD card is intact!

Jackie said...

Wow, what I wouldn't give for some of that at the moment! Looking forward to seeing your photos and I hope you got your earrings ok :)