Monday, February 7, 2011

Still Complaining

Somewhere over the many years its been standing, and long before I moved here, a couple of additions were made to my house.   There is a little garage, attached to the side of the house but not connected by a doorway.   And there is a family room on the back.   The garage and the family room have their own roofs, and neither roof is pitched as steeply as the main house.    When it snowed, and drifted, and froze, and snowed again, the two lower roofs were evidently not steep enough to shed the snow the way I had hoped.   You can see from the photos that the snow is over a foot deep on both, and I'm pretty sure it's not getting any lighter.

I tried today to shovel just a bit of each roof, hoping that the (theoretical) sunshine (if we ever get any) will create a little heat so that the snow can slide off before the roof collapses on my head.   I threw out some salt, too, and now all I can do is cross my fingers and hope!

9 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I'll send a little heat up your way... (if we ever get it!) It may not sound very chilly to you, but it's only in the low 60's here during the day with mid 30's at night. Certainly warm enough to melt your snow!! But I'm not digging my shorts out yet!! Warm HUGS to you!!

spindelmaker said...

Oh no! Still all that snow? I must admit, I prefer the rain.
Hope you´re fine!

Barbara said...

Oh I wish I could be of some help! Not much you can do by yourself but pray and I can at least do that too. Hang in there and try to stay warm.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Mrs A said...

can you heat the rooms from the inside? that may help it fall off??
that is certainly a lot though so may not be any help at all! dont stand underneath it in case it does fall off!

ragamuffinprimitives said...

Holy cow! That's a LOT of snow! Hoping for lots of sunshine coming your way to melt it off!

Deborah said...

I hope it is heating up some over your way. I have been hearing about all the snow falling up north and if I were you I would be whining too.

The Farmer Files said...

Because of exactly your little problem here we had a leak in one of our windows. A huge leak....and then we were told...after the ice dam scraper people came out...that they cannot fix the leak right now. The remaining liquid is frozen. So,one day, it will warm up before the ice dam people come back, and I am sure we will have a huge leak again. Sigh.

Elena said...

Oh wow! I sure hope it starts to melt before it freezes or collects more. Thanks again for your cool comment to my blog post.

Dawn said...

a lot of snow..hope the roof holds up!!!