Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Too many pinks
I knitted a pink washcloth this week with a flamingo pattern. I thought it would be fun to send it to a Florida friend. But it turned out that the ball of yarn I chose was just a little too scant. No worries, I had lots more pink yarn in my basket, so I just added some in to finish my project. I thought it was all from the same skein and I didn't notice any difference when I was knitting, but when the cloth was finished, it became obvious that I had used two different yarns. You can see in the photo that a small part of the upper portion is a different color than the bottom. I am not that good a knitter so it's hard for me to look at this as anything except a minor major bummer! Oh well, I guess I can always use another dust rag!