Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royalty

On the day of the Royal Wedding, my 4-year-old granddaughter crafted what is obviously her inner Princess on a page from a Doug & Melissa "Create a Person" pad.    I explained to her that she could use any materials we had - and we have plenty - to create the person of her choice and she definitely said that a princess was what she had in mind.    But what a princess it was!    None of the usual trappings, no superficial physical attributes, but a creature filled and surrounded by dreams and wonder.   And to think, I would have settled for a crown and a dress.

2 comments:

Emily@theNest said...

That pad is such a great idea! And I really love what your granddaughter has created- haven't children the most fantastic imagination?

The Farmer Files said...

A "Modern Royal." I love it.