Monday, April 25, 2011

Squirrels and Eggs

I thought I was purchasing a bird feeder, but I obviously bought a squirrel feeder instead!    We have had fun watching the squirrels try to shimmy up the narrow metal pole to reach the seed, but they sure do make a mess!
And what better project for Easter Monday than to make sunny-side-up candy 'bacon and eggs,' and get even more sugar-high than we already are!    I love the way these turned out - I think the kids did a fabulous job, even though one of them wanted to just eat the parts without using them for our project!


6 comments:

Carol said...

Ha, those squirrels. The only way I can keep them out of the seed is to feed them peanut butter sandwiches. Every year I have at least one that waits by the door for me to put it out, then eats from my hand. I know I'm nuts, but I get a kick out of it.
Carol

sue in mexico mo said...

Please explain those eggs. They are cute, but I don't understand. . .

gpc said...

Sue, I can't remember where I saw them so I can give credit where it's due -- but, the "bacon" is made from little pretzel sticks, the egg white is a blob of melted chocolate, and the yolk is a yellow M&M. Super cute, not a ton of candy because of the pretzel, take seconds to make.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Love the eggs and bacon!! Way cute!

Emily@theNest said...

I was trying to figure out what they were made from, wow!!! My kiddies would just love to make these!! And your squirrels- I know they can be a menace, but at least they are a cute menace...!!

Shellbelle said...

I'm so glad you explained what they are made of, I was also confused — now I'm just "cracking" up. Too cute, the candy not the squirrels!