Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Winner!


Congratulations to Nancy, my 4-year blogging anniversary winner!   Nancy's prize will include The Burts' Bees items, the gift card, and a Philosophy bath gel (because I LOVE Philosophy!   Nope, they don't pay me to say this, but I use it for everything!    I wash with it, wash my hair with it, shave my hairy legs with it -- too much information?!)

As it happens, Nancy is away from her computer right now, so I won't be able to contact her or send her prize until she gets back on line.   How do I know this?    Because the internet can lead to real friendships!   I "met" Nancy on a website about Hurricane Charlie in 2005.  I knew Nancy back in the day, when she dreamed of living in Paradise but was, instead, dealing with harsh midwestern weather.    I knew her when she was a Snowbird, winging her way to Sanibel whenever she could.    And now she is living the dream, enjoying the beauty of Island Life and her volunteer work as a wildlife rescuer.  We were cyber friends for years before we actually met.   Since then, we have shared a few meals and several bottles of wine.   Nancy was one of my blog's first readers (and I was one of hers, at Sand Between My Toes and Branches and Roots), but this is the first time she's won one of my prizes.    Yay for her!    I only wish I could deliver it in person!

8 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

Congratulations to Nancy! I also followed Hurricane Charlie on that website. I didn't post much, but I sure did read it. And I still do, but it has gotten boring. . . or to me it has.

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Congrats to Snowbird! I'm sure she'll enjoy her prize!

Carol said...

How fun for a friend to win a little gift from you and fun for you to give it!!
Carol

Shellbelle said...

Congratulations to Nancy on her win and to you for your 4th Anniversary in Blogland! Exciting for you both!

I have a simple little craft idea for you that I think you may like. I've seen this on many coastal decor blogs. Buy one of those little shadow boxes from Michaels (use a 40% coupon that you can get at their website) and then mount some of your fishing lures inside. Ta-da, told you it was easy. Then you can see your handiwork all the time.

gpc said...

That's a great idea, Shellbelle! I might even have a couple of shadowboxes in the (still not cleaned and organized) basement! One of my favorite crafty things I've done is a shadowbox I made with the first sand dollars I found. It's hanging in my bedroom and still makes me happy! This will be a nice addition to my memory wall. :)

The Farmer Files said...

Hoooray and congrats to Nancy! Yes, she is such an inspiration!

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh yay! Go, Mom! I just noticed this, and know she will be SO excited. Congrats!

Snowbird said...

First time I've had a chance to get to your blog since our return from our vacation from vacation! LOL. I want everyone to know that I did receive the box of goodies a couple of days ago. They arrived just at the right time as I was going through a case of Cruise Crud. The goodies helped so much to get me over the CC a lot faster. Gail, I count you not only as a blogging buddy but as a real friend. I'm so glad that we have met and will continue to get together whenever you wend your way down to Paradise.

Thanks! and Love you,
Nancy