Saturday, May 21, 2011

Quiet Time In NOLA

Pickled pig lips on the counter at Walgreens, something I haven't seen in Saginaw, although we have hog farms nearby. Lots of meetings this week. I am finding, not for the first time, that - although I do not like to be around addiction - I like recovering addicts a lot better than most of the professionals who run their lives. As is also often true in hospice, there is a raw honesty in their meetings, no need to hide their fears and faults. People at their most essential selves. A man last night explained his view of the difference between religion and spirituality for the group. 'religion can save your soul,' he told them, 'but the spirituality of the 12 steps can save your ass, which might help you find your soul in the first place.'


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Pickles Pigs Feet!!! How gross is that!!!

The Farmer Files said...

That man is profound.