Saturday, June 25, 2011

Musical and Strawberry Jams

This week was a mix of experiences.   I spent time with people and families, dead and alive.    I participated in a very spiritual, very eclectic funeral that ended with a New-Orleans-style Jazz Funeral Procession.   Following a brass band, we marched and sang and whooped our way around the block with a laughing, crying crowd.    
I built paper castles with traps for the Bad Guys with my grandchildren.    
I painted a patch of terracotta on my kitchen wall to figure out what color to paint, and decided that I probably need to choose a lighter color in this windowless room.   I harvested herbs and made strawberry jam that didn't set like it should have, my first jam-failure ever.   
 
And today, I hope, I will go swimming.     All in all, life is good. 


And how are things with you?

5 comments:

RottenMom said...

I love how you always seem to have such a positive attitude, no matter what.

I have never made jam and I really want to, you may have just inspired me, even with the jam fail!

Have a great weekend!

Janet Bocciardi said...

Failed jam is still yummy on icecream! ; )

I agree with RottenMom (who I suspect is not!) that your look to the sunny side is a wonderful way to live.

sue in mexico mo said...

I agree with Janet - you made strawberry syrup for ice cream!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Oh YUM! Strawberry syrup!

Emily@theNest said...

I'm just on my way out to pick some raspberries to make jam too! And I heartily agree with the failed-jam-turned-icrecream-syrup idea: delicious!