Friday, July 1, 2011

Working Hard At Leisure

My 20-hour job is funny; some weeks it is so slow that it takes me seven days to work that many hours, this week I was over my limit by Thursday morning.    So I'm off until Sunday and, although I am exhausted and glad for the down time, on another level it's driving me nuts -- for one thing, there are families at the hospice that I am wondering about.   And for another, being home means that I should be doing something useful, and I have worked hard at NOT letting that useful thing involve cleaning the basement!    So I went to the target range today, and shot fairly well, and stopped at the farmer's market, and went to Toys R Us.   If I can dredge up the energy to find a fishing hole, it will have been a productive weekend that doesn't require me to actually CLEAN something!

1 comment:

Janet Bocciardi said...

Enjoy your down time! Breathe and live in the moment. This is time to take care of yourself.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!