Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Not The Life I Planned

What an odd day.    I blessed the hands of some of our staff in celebration of Pastoral Ministry Week.     I did an in-service with some of our volunteers, creating materials for grief work.    I gave a prayer service for some of our families who had suffered recent losses.     And then I went to the range and shot my smith & wesson revolver, at a competition of three women, and I didn't finish last.    Just a few months ago, I couldn't have imagined any one of these activities being part of my life.   If I had thought a year ago that I would take another job, I would have imagined that it would have something to do with Law.    If I had guessed at a hobby, I would have supposed it would be some kind of domestic skill.    And yet, step by step, choice by choice, I've ended up here, in this very different spot.   As someone said on television today, 'when you eliminate the impossible, all you have is the improbable.'    That about sums it up, and I guess that's what I like about it.     Life is strange.    But good.

2 comments:

spindelmaker said...

Such wise words. Thanks for sharing them, and reminding me :-)

Don said...

Do any of us have the life we planned?