Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 5, Still Good

What a beautiful morning for a walk.   The tide was low and far on Lighthouse Beach, where I walked in the dark.   I didn't pick up any shells, but just love being able to walk out 'forever' into the sea.    Although it doesn't appear so in the photo, Blind Pass was also extremely low when I got there, and I walked out farther than ever, ankle deep.   I didn't pick up much there, either.   This seems to be a non-shelling year for me, but I don't mind a bit.    I am soaking in the beauty instead of stacking up the shells.

Sunday is Farmers Market day on Sanibel, and they have one of the nicest markets I've ever seen.   There are food carts with a variety of yummy smelling foods, a large array of vegetables at a fraction of the local grocery prices, baked goods, handmade soaps shaped like seashells, flowers and herbs and plants (oh my).     I'm having local strawberries with my coffee as I type this.     It's still early morning, and I've already done enough to declare it a very nice day.

2 comments:

NuminosityBeads said...

That does sound like a nice Farmers Market and your photos of the ocean are most calming especially as I dwell here in the desert currently.
xoxo Kim

sue in mexico mo said...

I am enjoying reading about your Sanibel vacation. Thanks for sharing.