Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Dr. Cranky

I have posted a few times about a friend who is known to you by a not-so-friendly name.    Among many other annoying and negative things, he has told me for years that there is no such thing as a pretty baby, that they are dull and uninteresting, and that anyone who thinks so is fooling themselves.

He met his 8-month old granddaughter for the first time yesterday.   He phoned me with tears in his voice to announce that she was the most beautiful baby.

There is hope for humanity after all.

5 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

:-)

Don said...

At least he finally saw the light. Maybe a new grand-daughter will make him not so cranky. I know my grand-daughters ALWAYS put me in a better mood.

Holly Days Closet said...

Your own always changes how we see the world. But I will say one thing he is right about one thing there is no such thing as a pretty baby they are ALL BEAUTIFUL little miracles. Sometime we need our own grand kids to see the beauty of that miracle.
Holly

Emily@theNest said...

Thats a lovely story! I find it hard to believe people wouldn't be awed by babies... far cuter than most adults to be sure !!!

Snowbird said...

I am so glad. I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times this week and saw him today but was afraid to ask how things were going. I'm really happy that things turned out ok.