Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First Day Without Snow

 I was tired this morning, so I didn't go out to walk until 6:30 am.    Not much in the way of shells, but there was still lots to see.   The water was calm and beautiful.   I saw many starfishes, the usual horseshoe crabs, and a variety of shore birds.   I saw lots of ospreys, way more than usual, and, best of all,  FOUR ospreys flew over my head, carrying fish, something that always makes me happy.   I picked up a couple of bubble shells, just so that the shell gods wouldn't think I was ungrateful, and there were plenty of shells, but none that really tempted me.    Time for coffee.   I am warm and lazy.   So far so good.

4 comments:

RottenMom said...

Ahhhhhhh, Sanibel. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. XO

Kaybe said...

Sunrise is the best time to walk the beach out there. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Deb said...

I wish we were there. have fun!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Even Florida cold can be chilly! Glad you are there enjoying a warmer chill than normal!