Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home Again

I arrived at Detroit Metro Airport last night, and spent the night at my sister's.    This morning, I was on the road at 6:30 am,  a time that - on the beach - was the beginning of first light.    Here, it didn't begin to be even barely light until nearly 8 am.   I miss the sunshine.   I miss the sound of the surf and the cry of the osprey.    I even miss the ridiculous sand fleas, that look like cartoon characters as they tumble in the waves.

As I go through the photos of my trip, I remember the many things I didn't post about.   Faces and sights and sounds, more than I can post here.     I am glad to be home (and especially glad to have found and turned off the faucet that has been dripping for the past 9 days.    Not only an almost-criminal waste of water, but a mistake that I will pay for dearly when the water bill arrives.)    I brought back a lot of sand and teeth and shells, but I left part of me on Sanibel.



This one is my favorite,   I think it should have won the whole caboodle!













10 comments:

Kaybe said...

I think Christmas season is the best time to visit Sanibel. The lights are magical as you drive down Periwinkle. Let's get that sharks teeth checked off the bucket list. Have a great day. xo

ps - I updated the shell sistah tab on by blog - have you looked?

Debbi Thinks Deep said...

Do you think it's a good thing or a bad thing that you've convinced me that we have to go visit Sanibel?

gpc said...

Checked it off, Kaybe! And thank you for the Sistah induction!

Debbi, Let me put it to you this way. As I said on Facebook after I got home, I missed the taste of salt on my lips SO MUCH that I stopped for fries. Now seriously, isn't it better to plan a trip to Sanibel than to eat fast food?!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I see Kaybe has made us shell sistahs!! Isn't she the best?

gpc said...

Yes, Kim -- and maybe now that we're sistahs, we all need to get together and argue about who mom loved best!

Don said...

So you liked my photo? Thank you very much.

gpc said...

There were lots of good photos, Don, but yours was definitely my favorite!

Katherines Corner said...

Thank you for sharing your happy memory making, So sorry about your foot though. Big hugs!!

Emily@theNest said...

Just getting to go back through your last few posts (husband on holidays so have "time"-wahey!!) your holidays look blissful. We have had NO (proper, hot) SUN since 2010, and I'm starting to crave everything you are missing... I need to warm my bones :)

Snowbird said...

Loved the pictures. I didn't realize you had taken one at Traders. So, did you get any Shark's Teeth?