Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm On A Home-Made Roll!

I didn't think that my quilting teacher was very good, until I made a block by myself.   Now, several wasted cuts and ripped-out seams later, I can see that she was very helpful, indeed!   It took a lot longer without her, but finally I finished my second block.  For those who asked, I also discovered that the pattern is called Hole In The Barn Door. 
I sewed my two blocks together and now I have a quilted two-sided pillow and a new skill.  

I won some quilting materials recently, so now it's time to get serious and see what I can do!

I am also still practicing my crocheting -- a couple of mini-scarves are done!     I'm not sure how useful they are, but I am hoping that my grandchildren will be easily impressed.

6 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Awesome pillow - that turned out great! I also like the crocheted scarves. The one I'm trying my hand at is much wider and the stitches are closer and tighter. Yours looks so much nicer. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong??

sue in mexico mo said...

Hole in the Barn Door! I love it!

rebecca's rainbow said...

You do not have idle hands my friend! I agree with Sue in Mexico, "Hole in the Barn Door. I love it!"
Lovely scarfs too.

Mrs A said...

the cushion looks terrific, well done! You are really crafty !

Snowbird said...

Very nice. I remember many, many, many (LOL) years ago watching my mother and grandmother quilt on a quilting frame. In fact I still have one of those covers. It was never "quilted" or backed. I keep saying I should have it done. Karen has it now I believe.

michelle said...

That turned out so cute! My MIL quilts quite a bit and I am always amazed at the beautiful things she makes. I love the material.
xoxo