Monday, January 30, 2012

Spa Day Tea Party

This post is late!    I found it in my drafts, from when I wrote it a couple of weeks ago.   But I know you still want to hear about it, because it was quite an event!     

I was invited by my granddaughter to a Spa Day and Tea Party.   The spa part of the day actually took place before I arrived, with scented baths and nail polish.   I opted to shower at home.    
I was instructed to dress as pretty as I could,  and to add "an extra smell," so I pulled out every necklace, sparkle and perfume I had.      My granddaughter and her mom took the less tacky route and looked gorgeous, both of them, but my gallant grandson (who was, he said, a prince for the occasion) greeted me at the door and told me I looked beautiful.

We had tea and tea cakes, and watched a Care Bears movie.   It was the nicest party I've been to in a long time.    I hope she has another Tea Party soon.   Next time I'll wear a hat.

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!! What a way to make you feel special.

Kaybe said...

That is the ultimate in grandkid-sweetness. xo

sue in mexico mo said...

What fun!

Emily@theNest said...

Gail, that has to be the nicest story I have heard in a long time- but why ever did you opt out of the scented bath??!! I'm so glad you chose the all-out bling-bling dressing up version :))