Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Today is Fat Tuesday -- and I have celebrated by getting fatter!    Each year since my grandson was born there, we traditionally order one King Cake delivered from New Orleans, but this year we  had FOUR cakes!    In addition to the one that was delivered from Gambino's Bakery in NOLA, I made two New Orleans-style cakes and one french galette des rois.    I need a lot more practice to get the cakes to look the way I want them to, but that didn't prevent us from eating them.     I'll be wearing those "bon temps roule" around my middle for weeks to come!

3 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That looks yummy!!

Kaybe said...

Pour me up a cafe' au lait. That looks wonderful.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my does this look good. I wish you were my neighbor
Love
Maggie