Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spoiled

It was 87 degrees a couple of days ago.   That was unseasonably warm, even freakishly warm.  Everything is in bloom, about 5 weeks ahead of schedule.   Even my indoor lemon tree is blossoming!  
I knew, I think we all knew, that it couldn't last.   But today, when I stepped out in my crops, short sleeve shirt and sandals only to find that it was a mere 72 degrees, I felt a little cheated!  And more than a little cold.     That, despite the fact that it's still warmer than it usually is this time of year, in this part of Michigan.   Still, despite the fact that I was freezing (laugh) on my walk around the block, it was another truly beautiful day.




3 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I had to reread this post to make sure I read the temps right. lol
Can't imagine in your state being that warm in March.
Isn't this unheard of.
Beautiful pics
Love
Maggie

spindelmaker said...

The flowers are beautiful! Especially the magnolias. They are a sentimental favorite from New Orleans :-)
Have a lovely weekend!

Kaybe said...

Bee - you -tee -full!