Saturday, June 9, 2012

Definitely Half Empty

I love coffee. I don't drink a ton of it but I savor every cup. So much so that, when my grandson was tiny, he used to solemnly announce to me that Grandma Loves Coffee.

Of course, the same could be said for wine, but that's another story.

Anyway, I guess we are always surprised when something we love unexpectedly turns on us. And my coffee turned on me with a vengeance today.

Halfway through my 100 mile trip to visit the Apple store and visit my sister, I took my first sip of coffee. Or rather, I prepared to take my first sip.

Instead of my anticipated coffee bliss, the lid came loose and most of the coffee poured onto my chest and lap. And here I am, at Apple, soaking wet and cold as heck.



Sometimes, I am reminded, love hurts.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So sorry for about you finding out how love can hurt. lol
Hope your day got better.
Love
Maggie