Sunday, September 30, 2012

New Project Overload!

After more than a year of just watching, I decided to try Just One quilting project this autumn.   Just as others predicted, the next thing I knew, I had several projects started and none close to finishing.    Thank goodness for the internet - there really IS something for everyone -- and Barb at Cat Patches just started a linky-thingy for people like me, who've started stuff, and she's asked us to show what we've got.   NewFOs, whatever the heck those are.    Pretty cool, though, that my internal list of shame is suddenly something to celebrate!

So here we go.    I am still working on my original project, an applique throw for my fishing-frantic brother. He has a lake-front cottage that is done in hunting-lodge type colors, with my mom's pieced quilts on his beds, but the front room will be chilly this winter, so I thought he might enjoy a little extra warmth.   It's my most-done project, but there's still lots to do, including choosing the material for the borders and backing, embroidering the eyes and scales, and actually putting it all together.   I had hoped to do more this weekend, but the quilt shop was closed by the time I got off work, and I need fabric before I can go forward.
I saw a coin purse on a blog hop that I didn't have the nerve to enter, but decided to order the pattern and findings anyway, because I love the idea of making something so cute -- the pattern is cut out and I'm ready to get started but, uh, haven't yet.   In a perfect world, the body of the purse will be finished by the time the purse handles arrive in the mail.
NOT signing up for the coin purse blog hop gave me the impetus to actually sign up for a Holiday Pillow hop -- I don't have all my ducks in a row on that one yet, but I'm gathering bits and pieces in anticipation.   Pauline at Quilt n Queen and Madame Samm at Sew We Quilt are very reassuring, although they may change their mind when they learn JUST how challenged I am.
I also 'accidentally' saw a quilt that I loved and a blog that claimed I could do it (a name like "52 Quilts in 52 Weeks" is so optimistic, right?!), so I bought the pattern and a jelly roll, and I'm ready to start cutting and sewing, the minute I get a minute.   Once the braided part is done, I still need to find fabric for the borders and such-not.
Although not quilt related, I'm also working on a prayer shawl, knitted washcloths, a decoupage idea,  a variety of test recipes, and the usual castle and fairy house projects that are ongoing with my grands.  
I won't mention the piles of yard and fabric and Stuff I have sitting in the wings for my next string of projects.   Or the list of projects I want to make for the families and patients I work with at a local hospice.     And I will never, ever tell about the boxes of projects that were started years ago and went nowhere.       I'm definitely a better starter than a finisher.    One of these days, just maybe, I'll also winterize my garden and clean my house!    But for now, I think I'll have another cup of coffee and make a[nother] list of what to do next . . .

6 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Glad to see you joned in the Holiday Lane Pillow blog hop, too bad you hadn't jumped on the Coin Purse Hop as well. I hope we get to see your coin purse version :O)

Barbara said...

These are great projects! I'm so glad you linked up today. BTW, I got a kick out of your 2012 Plan. What a riot. You are a woman after my own heart. Now I'm following you.

Kate said...

Love all your projects. Welcome to the start-itis group. You are in good company.

Debbie said...

Lots going on here! I love braid quilts and have made several. They sew together so quick. You will love it.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

LOL! I always have multiple projects going on at the same time as well as several books I'm reading. Why do you suppose we do that??

Connie said...

Lots of wonderful projects and I can't wait to see your coin purse! I think all of us have many boxes of projects that have been started....at least I know I do!