Monday, October 1, 2012

New Month, New Resolve

I had to stay home this morning to wait for the Cable Guy.   It turns out that, after many service calls and nearly three years of service, the reason I wasn't having great luck with my service is that there was a 'trap' on my cable line, to prevent me from 'stealing' the service I've been paying for!    Incredible.    But, in that all's-well'that-ends-well way of things, it's fixed.   AND it turns out that I now get the Food Channel -- I may have to quit my job for sure, just to stay home and watch TV.

While I waited, I finished up one of my projects, at least to the extent I was able.   I got the little coin purse all put together (AND cut out another one!), now I just need to wait for the handle to arrive in the mail.    I've never put on a purse handle before, but I hope it will be as easy-peasey as I'm told it is!

After the Cable Guy left, I had a list of Intentions.   First I drove to the quilting shop for fabric, only to discover that it is closed on Mondays.   Saaaaaaad face.   Most of today's plans revolved around fabric.

So I drove to my local shooting range instead, and fired up the pistols.   I shoot two guns, both the same caliber, both the same manufacturer, but one is quite a bit heavier than the other.    I fired about a hundred rounds today.   I've only been to the range six times this year, but I shot pretty well.   I wish I'd remembered to retrieve my target so I could show it off -- all shots were in the black (of course), but more bulls-eyes than usual, if I do say so myself!
So the month is off to a decent start -- I'm willing to give myself a lot of credit, obviously, for very little.    Hurrah for low expectations! 

4 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I'm pretty good with a rifle. I think I've only shot a hand gun once. I'd like to try that.

AntKaybe said...

Nothing like a little quilting, crocheting, & the gun range for the makings of a relaxing day off.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had fun! I don't do guns myself -- it's probably best if I leave them to those who know what they're doing.

SewCalGal said...

You did better than I do at 50 feet. I guess it is like just about everything in life...takes practice.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com